Just made these delectable fries to tide over my roommate and I before we head out to meet a friend for happy hour. This should keep our stomachs nice and settled!
I had some Copycat Wendy’s Chili left over from a slowcooker dinner, so I shredded some cheese, diced some onions, and poured it over fresh salt & pepper fries.
HOMEMADE FRIES WITH SLOWCOOKER CHILI
- 2 Idaho potatoes, skinned and sliced lengthwise
- Vegetable oil, enough to fill 2 in. of a small frying pan
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Your favorite chili (I used leftover slowcooker chili)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onions
- Heat oil to 350 F
- Slide potatoes into frying pan, a handful at a time (you don’t want to get burned by splattering oil!) and fry for three minutes. These should not turn golden brown yet! Remove potatoes from oil and drain on paper towel. Repeat until the first frying of all raw potatoes is complete.
- Kick the flame up a notch and begin second round of frying. Fry potatoes until golden brown and firm when lightly poked with tongs. Remove potatoes from oil, place on paper towel to drain oil, and season immediately with salt and pepper. Repeat until all potatoes have been fried. You now have fresh fries!
- Pour heated chili over fries. Top with shredded cheddar and onions.